Table of Contents
The 2N3906 PNP Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) is the complimentary transistor to the 2N3904 NPN BJT.
That means that the current flows through the 2N3906 PNP BJT in the opposite direction of the 2N3904 NPN BJT, but otherwise their electrical limitation (max current, voltages, speed, etc.) are pretty much the same.
Do a Google search of the datasheet for more specific parameters and the most accurate manufacturer’s information.
- VCEO (Collector to emitter voltage when open/off): 40V
- IC (collector current): 200mA
- TD (total power dissipation): 625mW
- hFE (DC current gain) when…
- IC= 0.1mA: Min. 60
- IC= 1mA: Min. 80
- IC= 10mA: Min. 100 – Max. 300
- IC= 50mA: Min. 60
- IC= 100mA: Min. 30
- FT (transition frequency): 250Mhz
In comparison, maximum values of 2N2907 given below… Mostly based on On semiconductor datasheet for P2N2907A as it is hard to find a 2N2907 in TO-92 package datasheet. P2N2907 Emitter and Collector are in opposite positions of 2N2907.
- 2N2907 = IC: 600mA
- 2N2907 = PD: 625mW
- 2N2907 hFE (DC current gain) when…
- IC= 0.1mA: Min. 75
- IC= 1mA: Min. 100
- IC= 10mA: Min. 100
- IC= 100mA: Min. 150 – Max .300
- IC= 500mA: Min. 50
Good topics to check out next:
To support this site, check out the following links:
- Check out my YouTube videos! https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronzap/videos
- Products I used in my videos or otherwise think look like a good buy. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. https://www.amazon.com/shop/electronzapdotcom
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.
- Electronzap is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.