Potentiometers are three terminal/pin devices. Two terminals are the end of a fixed resistive element. Third terminal is a wiper that makes an electrical connection to a variable point along the resistive element.
Trimmer potentiometer (trimpots) are small versions of potentiometers. The often fit in breadboards really easily and are very common now.
Affiliate link ad.
Affiliate link ad. I really like this kind of trimmer potentiometer (trimpot). I have a 10K from one of my kits. They have pins the size of the leads of other components, so they fit easily into a breadboard. They can be turned by hand or by using a slotted screwdriver.
Full supply voltage, ground, or anywhere in between!
Quick voltage divider circuit or variable resistor using trimmer potentiometer trimpot component
- Brief 555 bistable mode flip flop alternating LEDs circuit
- Brief 555 timer monostable one shot mode circuit
- Brief 555 timer astable multivibrator mode circuit
- Brief 555 Schmitt trigger logic inverter
- Brief DPDT relay component introduction – Double pole double throw
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.