Potentiometers are three terminal/pin devices. Two terminals are the end of a fixed resistive element. Third terminal is a wiper that makes an electrical connection to a variable point along the resistive element.
Trimmer potentiometer (trimpots) are small versions of potentiometers. The often fit in breadboards really easily and are very common now.
Affiliate link ad. I really like this kind of trimmer potentiometer (trimpot). I have a 10K from one of my kits. They have pins the size of the leads of other components, so they fit easily into a breadboard. They can be turned by hand or by using a slotted screwdriver.
Full supply voltage, ground, or anywhere in between!
Quick voltage divider circuit or variable resistor using trimmer potentiometer trimpot component
- Brief 555 bistable mode flip flop alternating LEDs circuit
- Brief 555 timer monostable one shot mode circuit
- Brief 555 timer astable multivibrator mode circuit
- Brief 555 Schmitt trigger logic inverter
- Brief DPDT relay component introduction – Double pole double throw
Links that support this site!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.