Capacitors take time to discharge. Using them with a resistor at the base of a transistor allows them to slow down the time it takes a BJT to turn off.
The 2N3904 is very popular NPN Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT). Therefore, I use them in many of my videos.
The pin layout and direction of voltage and conventional current flow (positive to negative) is shown in the first diagram.
Amazon affiliate ad. Learned a lot from this book.
- Brief PNP BJT timed fade off switch – 2N3906 bipolar junction transistor
- Brief NPN BJT current source controlled by trimpot voltage divider circuit
- Brief PNP BJT current source set by trimpot circuit – 2N3906 bipolar junction transistor
- Brief NPN BJT emitter follower set by trimpot using 2N3904 bipolar junction transistor
- Brief PNP BJT emitter follower common collector – 2N3906 bipolar junction transistor
Support this site!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.