JFETs have a certain amount of steady current that passes through drain to source when the gate is connected directly to both the source and ground (Idss).
The voltage doesn’t determine the current flow as long as it is high enough to meet all of the power needs without over heating anything. Adding resistance from the source to ground lowers that amount of current.
Affiliate link ad. I got my J310 from this kit.
- Brief NOT gate circuit using NPN bipolar Junction Transistor BJT
- Brief hex NOT gate inverter with Schmitt trigger output integrated circuit – 7414 74HC14 IC
- Brief switch based AND logic gate circuit
- Brief AND gate using NPN BJTs – bipolar junction transistors
- Brief AND logic gate IC using 7408 74HC08 integrated circuit – 74xx08 electronics tutorial
- Brief Light Dependent Resistor LDR voltage divider used as 78HC08 AND gate input circuit
- Brief switch based OR logic gate digital circuit
- Brief NPN BJT OR logic gate circuit – 2N3904 bipolar junction transistors
- Brief MOSFET as a diode with no forward voltage drop circuit – BS250 P channel enhancement mode
- Brief P channel enhancement mode MOSFET switch circuit – BS250 E line package
- Brief improved NPN PNP BJT emitter follower with no BE drop circuit
- Brief PNP switch circuit that turns on with a high input voltage thanks to NPN BJT
- Brief NPN PNP BJT push pull amplifier circuit fragment
I love my kindle fire! I can read books and watch movies anywhere I go.
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.