Basic properties of the 74xx00 series integrated circuit (IC).
- Quad – There are 4 NAND logic gates built into the integrated circuit. Schematics diagrams will often identify the 4 logic gates in an IC by adding 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4.
- 2 input – Each NAND logic gate has 2 inputs when it comes to the 74xx00 IC. That’s 2 pins that we can connect to other circuitry in order to respond to the voltage.
- There’s other 7400 series ICs that have NAND gates with more inputs.
- NAND logic gate:
- Output is high if one or more input is low.
- Output is low only if all inputs are high.
- High: A voltage that is close to the positive supply voltage. How close it is to Vcc, or that it needs to be, varies depending on the internal circuitry.
- Low: A voltage that is close to the negative supply voltage. How close it is to -V/GND, or that it needs to be, varies depending on circuitry.
74HCxx ICs kit. An Amazon affiliate link ad that supports this site.
The high speed CMOS version of the 7400, indicated by 74HC00, is what you will usually want to use these days.
Always consult the datasheet for the most accurate information.
- DC supply current: ±50mA.
- Output current: ±25mA DC current per pin. But no more than ±50mA total for all the outputs.
- Supply voltage (Vcc) in reference to 0V ground (GND): 2 to 6V
To support this site, check out the following links:
- Become a Patron!
- Check out my YouTube videos! https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronzap/videos
- Products I used in my videos or otherwise think look like a good buy. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. https://www.amazon.com/shop/electronzapdotcom
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.
- Electronzap is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.