Quick list of components and integrated circuits used in electronics.
- Common components are most likely what you will find in kits, or referred to often in study material/schematics.
- Less common components could be any or all of the following – Not used very often – Not referred to very much in study material/schematics – Modified version of a common component to meet unusual demands (it will likely have different limitations as well)
- Parenthesis are often surrounding part numbers of some of the component types listed. I probably have those parts and use them in my videos. There may be a lot of different parts you can substitute for the one(s) I listed, depending on their differences and the circuitry they will be used in. – ( … ) are also used to add other notes.
- Resistor-fixed Resistor component
- Light emitting diode (LED) Light Emitting Diodes – Indicator LEDs
- Capacitor Capacitor component
Common variants of basic components:
- Resistor-voltage divider (potentiometer/trimmer potentiometer/trimpot) – Can also be used as variable resistor Trimpot – Trimmer potentiometer – Voltage divider – Variable resistor
- Resistor-Light dependent Light Dependent Resistor LDR component – Photoresistor
- Diode-Photo (light dependent)
Transistors (3 terminals):
I use many of these components in my videos.
- Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) – (NPN) NPN Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJTs)
- Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) – (PNP) PNP Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT)
Common Integrated circuits:
- 555 timer (NE555)
- Op Amp (741/µA741)
Less common 3 terminal components (transistor like):
- Darlington pair
- Silicon controlled rectifier
More specialized integrated circuits:
ICs used in some of my videos. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Support this site!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Information on this site is not guarenteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.