Comparator integrated circuits (ICs) are just intended to look at 2 input voltages, and respond to which one is a higher voltage than he other.
The LM393 is a commonly available dual comparator (2 of them in one component) integrated circuit. It has open collector outputs.
- + pin V greater than – pin V = High output.
- – pin V greater than + pin V = Low output.
- Open collector output means that the output connects to ground while low. but it does not provide a positive voltage while high. Instead, a pull up resistor is used to provide the positive voltage while the output is high.
To support this site, check out the following links:
- Become a Patron!
- Check out my YouTube videos! https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronzap/videos
- Products I used in my videos or otherwise think look like a good buy. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. https://www.amazon.com/shop/electronzapdotcom
This is a new page that will be updated soon!
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.
- Electronzap is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.