Normally you turn a switch on to turn the load/output on. A switch based NOT gate/digital inverter circuit is made so that the output/load is on while a mechanical switch is off. When the switch is turned on, then the output/load turns off.
This is just a demonstration circuit that helps you understand electronics better. There are integrated circuit digital inverters that make for a much more efficient NOT gate.
Affiliate link ad. My all time favorite book. Check it out!
Lower diagram is not included in the video.
- Quick NPN BJT switch circuit – Bipolar Junction Transistor
- Quick single switch controlled alternating flashing LEDs circuit
- Brief PNP BJT switch circuit – Bipolar Junction Transistor
- Brief NPN BJT timed off fade circuit- RC time constant
- Brief PNP BJT timed fade off switch – 2N3906 bipolar junction transistor
- Brief 555 timer monostable one shot mode circuit
- Brief 555 timer astable multivibrator mode circuit
- Brief 555 Schmitt trigger logic inverter
- Brief NTC thermistor voltage divider circuit
- Brief DPDT relay component introduction – Double pole double throw