Combining NPN and PNP BJT emitter followers creates a push pull amplifier that transfers the voltage of a signal minus the B-E diode drop of the particular transistor to a load regardless of whether it is more positive or negative than the 0V reference point ground on the other side of the load.
Affiliate link ad. Many of the semiconductors I use are from this kit.
I used a TLE2426 to split the rail (turn a 10V supply into a ±5V in relationship to 0V ground). Brief TLE 2426 three terminal rail splitter virtual ground component introduction . A op amp can also be used to do the same thing Brief op amp rail splitter circuit turning single into split dual supply
- Brief PNP switch circuit that turns on with a high input voltage thanks to NPN BJT
- Brief improved NPN PNP BJT emitter follower with no BE drop circuit
- Brief N channel enhancement mode MOSFET switch circuit – 2N7000 transistor
- Brief MOSFET as a diode with no forward voltage drop circuit – BS250 P channel enhancement mode
- Brief N channel JFET current sink circuit – J310 constant current source
- Brief 74HC14 integrated circuit IC controlling a higher voltage electronics circuit
- Brief single 2N3904 NPN bipolar junction transistor BJT LED flasher circuit
- Brief DPDT latching relay – HFD2 005 M L2 555
- Brief operational amplifier op amp peak detector circuit using LM358 single supply
- Brief split-dual supply op amp voltage follower with output polarity indicator LEDs circuit
- Quick 7805 voltage regulator demonstration
- Brief split or dual supply op amp comparator demonstration circuit
- Brief LM334 three terminal adjustable constant current source
- Brief op amp rail splitter circuit turning single into split dual supply
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.