I looked at using the LM358 op amp as a comparator circuit a lot closer than usual and discovered some stuff that I show in the video below. This is just my quick discoveries shortly after making the video covering the circuit build. It helped me better understand what I have read in the past of problems with using op amps as comparators. In the future I am sure I will be able to make a better video covering these topics.
Turns out that I probably only got away with this circuit because I was using 5 volts Vcc, and was lighting LEDs with the output.
- Brief inverting op amp comparator circuit – LM358
- Brief Schmitt trigger LM358 op amp comparator circuit
- Brief voltage follower using single supply op amp LM358 operational amplifier circuit
- Brief single supply op amp current source – LM358 operational amplifier
- Brief photodiode component making a light dependent current source circuit
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.