LM393s do not output a high signal thanks to having an open collector output. They can only connect to the negative supply/ground, or disconnect their output completely (like an off switch).
A pull up resistor is commonly used in order to be able to provide a high output.
Affiliate link ad. Kit I bought and use often these days for common integrated circuits.
Screwdriver set that I use in my videos.
Quick LM393 open collector output comparator non inverting circuit by electronzap
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Brief LM393 comparator controlling NPN BJT switch with active buzzer load circuit
- Brief op amp rail splitter circuit turning single into split dual supply
- Brief TLE 2426 three terminal rail splitter virtual ground component introduction
- Brief split or dual supply op amp comparator demonstration circuit
- Quick 7805 voltage regulator demonstration
- Brief split-dual supply op amp voltage follower with output polarity indicator LEDs circuit
- Brief NPN PNP BJT push pull amplifier circuit fragment
- Brief 74HC14 integrated circuit IC controlling a higher voltage electronics circuit
- Brief single 2N3904 NPN bipolar junction transistor BJT LED flasher circuit
- Brief DPDT latching relay – HFD2 005 M L2 555
- Brief operational amplifier op amp peak detector circuit using LM358 single supply
- Brief photodiode component making a light dependent current source circuit
- Brief single supply op amp current source – LM358 operational amplifier
- Brief Schmitt trigger LM358 op amp comparator circuit
- Brief inverting op amp comparator circuit – LM358
- Brief comparator circuit using single supply op amp and voltage dividers – LM358
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.