A capacitor that is charging or discharging from a stead current will have a steady voltage change. A 1,000µF capacitor @ 1mA will change 1 volt per second. On an oscilloscope, this steady decrease in voltage looks like a downward ramp while the capacitor discharges at a steady current.
Brief circuit schematics with short video – List of pages
Affiliate link ad.
Video below shows how to build this circuit on a breadboard.
Affiliate link ad. Nice looking capacitor kit for those needing larger value capacitors.
- Brief fixed resistor voltage divider circuit
- Brief trimmer potentiometer trimpot variable resistor voltage divider circuit fragment
- Brief 555 bistable mode flip flop alternating LEDs circuit
- Brief 555 timer monostable one shot mode circuit
- Brief 555 timer astable multivibrator mode circuit
Links that support this site!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Information on this site is not guaranteed to be accurate. Always consult the manufacturer info/datasheet of parts you use. Research the proper safety precautions for everything you do.