Many integrated circuits can’t handle more than about 5V. If your power supply and the rest of the circuit is more than 5 volts, then you will need a reliable way to reduce that voltage to the 5V for everything connected to the IC.
74HC00 series integrated circuit kit that is similar to mine. Unfortunately mine isn’t available anymore. List of included IC’s is shown in the images.
- 7805 limits voltage from a higher voltage source to only 5V for the 74HC14.
- The 74HC14 NOT gate output uses it’s 5V output to control a NPN BJT transistor wired as a switch.
- The transistor can switch a much higher voltage load than 5V without any of that extra voltage reaching the 74HC14 IC and damaging it.
- Brief single 2N3904 NPN bipolar junction transistor BJT LED flasher circuit
- Brief DPDT latching relay – HFD2 005 M L2 555
- Brief operational amplifier op amp peak detector circuit using LM358 single supply
- Brief boost converter circuit made with switching inductor voltage booster
- Brief electronics 3 input AND logic gate made from two 2 input AND gates circuit
- Brief delayed voltage single supply op amp follower – LM358 and capacitor
- Brief Full wave bridge rectifier demonstration circuit
- Brief AND gate made from 7400 74HC00 NAND universal logic
- Brief NOT logic gate made from a NAND universal circuit
- Brief 7400 quad 2 input NAND gate integrated circuit IC demonstration – 74HC00