Basic 555 timer bistable flip flop mode circuits
The 555 timer can be used as a flip flop while it is wired up in the bistable mode. Bistable means that the output is stable while it is off until it is forced to turn on via a low pulse to the trigger. And then while the output is on, it stays on, until it is forced off via a low pulse to the reset. Bistable mode can also be thought of as a schmitt trigger.
https://www.amazon.com/shop/electronzapdotcom As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. No extra cost to you! https://www.youtube.com/electronzap Also, please subscribe to my YouTube channel! Become a Patron! And of course, donations help a ton!
Video below: 555 timer bistable mode push button controlled flip flop circuit build and explained Click here to watch directly on YouTube!
- Grounding the trigger sets the output high (on).
- Threshold is held at ground (0V) so that it has no chance to reach 2/3Vcc, which would end up automatically shutting setting the output low (off).
- Grounding the reset set the output low (off).
Bonus video: 555 timer output used to control NPN BJT transistor switch in order to provide more power (voltage and or current) than 555 timer can provide.
555 timer internal voltage divider explained with demonstration for beginner learning electronics Click here to watch directly on YouTube!
555 timer light dependent resistor LDR voltage divider high low LED beginner learning electronics video below. Click here to watch directly on YouTube!
Gathering info from unusual polarity indicator LEDs at 555 timer output when inputs are floating Click here to watch directly on YouTube
- https://www.youtube.com/electronzap please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Any donations will help me update this site faster and make more YouTube videos! https://www.patreon.com/electronzap As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases https://www.amazon.com/shop/electronzapdotcom
- This website is only intended to provide supplemental information to those already studying electronics. It takes no responsibility for how that inform