Most 555 timers fail to output the full positive side of the power supply voltage. This results in less voltage to a load headed to ground while the output is high. However, by attaching an NPN BJT to the load, you can used the 555 timer’s high and low output to simply turn the switch on and off. In that way, the load will get virtually all of the power supply voltage.
- 009 PNP Bipolar Junction Transistor BJT switch including capacitor timed fade off
- 010 NOT gate signal inverter using switch – NPN BJT – 74HC14 IC
- 012 555 timer monostable mode one shot
- 013 555 timer astable mode basics
- 015 NPN BJT emitter follower common collector voltage enhancement
- 016 NPN BJT current source – Zener – Trimpot – LDR Light Dependent Resistor
YouTube video covering NPN BJT improved NE555 timer output
Nice looking larger value capacitor kit.
Some nice low power boost converters above that I enjoyed using in a couple videos.