Astable mode 555 timer circuit continuously outputs an alternating a high and low signal that can power light loads directly. One or more LED can be added to the output for a flashing light effect. The timing is controlled by a capacitor, 2 resistors and often a diode.
- 011 555 timer bistable mode flip flop with light dependent resistor LDR
- 012 555 timer monostable mode one shot
- 014 NPN BJT switch improved 555 timer output NE555
- 015 NPN BJT emitter follower common collector voltage enhancement
- 016 NPN BJT current source – Zener – Trimpot – LDR Light Dependent Resistor
- 017 PNP BJT current source set with zener diode
Power supply I use in my videos.
YouTube video covering 555 astable mode circuit basics
White version of the oscilloscope that I use in many of my recent videos.
Screwdriver set that I use in my videos.
555 timer 10 millihenry inductor voltage booster circuit step by step build by electronzap video below. Click here to watch directly on YouTube!
The ad above is to a best selling multimeter since the ones I use are unfortunately not being sold anymore. It still helps this site if you click the link, check out the meter and compare it with other meters to see what looks best for you!