Zener diode voltage regulators, full wave bridge rectifier, and polarity indicator circuit fragments were just going to be covered under the broad category of diodes in the second video. But, the video was already long enough, so I split up the topics.
- 005 RC time constant-Capacitor-Resistor
- 006 Capacitor current source voltage ramp – LM334
- 007 Parallel components – Resistors – Light emitting diodes LEDS – Capacitors
- Full wave bridge rectifier – Redirects a voltage that changes direction, so that a load receives the voltage, minus 2 diode drops, in a single direction.
- Zener regulator – Uses a zener diode that is conducting while reversed biased to set a voltage at it’s cathode. However, it is a weak voltage. So, future videos will show how to use the zener to set the voltage for a current (power) amplifier. Zener diode component – voltage reference – regulator
- Polarity indicator circuit fragment uses a couple of LEDs that are wired parallel to each other, but in the opposite direction of each other. One will conduct and keep a low voltage at the other one. Which one that conducts (and thus light up), depends on which direction the voltage is applied.
Diagram explained in video below
This kit has most of the diodes and transistors I use in my videos. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, so please use this link if you want to check it out!
YouTube video covering this topic
It is preferred that the blue link is clicked. Video will open in a new tab.
Links that support this site!
Affiliate link ads.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.