Momentary tactile push button switch
The momentary tactile push button switch will be the main switch covered on this site, and in my YouTube videos because it is usually included in electronic components kits, and can usually be inserted into an electronics prototype circuit breadboard.
Every momentary tactile push button switch I have used so far
- Single pole single throw with 4 pins. Either conducts or blocks current based on whether button is pressed (on) or not (off)
- Normally open. Normally closed are available but not as common. I don’t have any.
- Fits in an electronics circuit prototype breadboard, but not as easily as most through hole components leads
- Does not limit current at all while on. Circuit must be protected by the current limiting properties of other components, primarily the resistor.
This page was just created and will be updated soon!
- https://www.youtube.com/electronzap please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Any donations will help me update this site faster and make more YouTube videos! https://www.patreon.com/electronzap
- This website is only intended to provide supplemental information to those already studying electronics. It takes no responsibility for how that information is used and the possible injuries or other damage that may arise.