Battery backup power supply
Often it is desired to have more than one way to power a circuit in case one fails. It is pretty easy to have a battery suddenly take over when the main supply fails.
Become a Patron! And of course, donations help a ton!
I quickly made the video below for demonstration purposes. I use a lithium ion battery that in reality can only be charged to 8.4V even though it is labeled as being a 9V battery.
Close to 9V lithium ion battery backup power supply prototype circuit.
Click the image below to check out a pre-made backup power supply with good reviews on Amazon!
Battery backup basic properties
- Power supply voltage
- Battery voltage/capacity/protection/recharge-ability/replacement options/etc.
- Instant switch over between supplies based on which has highest voltage.
- Diode OR gate
Ways to support this website and disclaimer:
- https://www.youtube.com/electronzap above all, please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
- After that, any donations will help me update this site faster and to make more diagrams! https://www.patreon.com/electronzap
- In addition, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases https://www.amazon.com/shop/electronzapdotcom
- And as always. This website, and all else I do, is for informational purposes only. Any actions you take are at your own risk.